Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Inspiration-Redefining Beauty

Who are your role models? Who inspires you? I mean people living and thriving right now. Here are some of mine:




Yo, Helen Mirren on the BEACH, Biatch!

Meryl Streep
One of the most talented, beautiful and graceful actresses in Hollywood



Hair Inspiration!



That's right. Madonna. Love her. It's a Leo thing.

 Guess these are just the blondes. I'll have to do brunettes and redheads another time. My main female hero over 50 is my Mom (she wouldn't let me take a picture of her). She's also (fake) blonde. She's 73 and still scuba dives. My mom is incredibly youthful and loving and I  am inspired by her every day.

I found a very interesting article from a marketing company regarding the consumer power of Baby Boomer women. I think you'll be impressed.

Also, did you know there's a National Association of Baby Boomer Women? Here's the blog.

Feel good about yourself. You're important. You matter. You are beautiful. Thank you.

6 comments:

  1. You are clearly a woman after my own heart. I love Helen Mirren, and Meryl Streep is probably a close second. Talk about getting better with age!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The ladies on the Advanced Style blog and on the Artfully Awear blog are good for me. I don't seem to care much about age. I love a couple of celebs but the ones I like are pretty private. Michelle Pfieffer, etc. My former Mother-In -Law. And my children, each of whom are looking at life in a very different way. I have learned so much from them. The bloggers I read have been so supportive that I look to them too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Helen Mirren she looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Anne Better with age has been a recurring theme in the media. Maybe I'm looking for it or maybe it's those horrible hair and make-up styles from the past. ha ha

    @Judi I love Advanced Style, too. I want to do a whole post on that, I think. I haven't seen Artfully Awear so thanks for the mention

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Easy-2-Save Yep, Helen Mirren rules.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have you seen the pic of Meryl Streep as Margaret Thatcher? I was spell bound.

    My style icon would be Christine LaGarde.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, friend.