Monday, August 1, 2011

Visible Monday-Shiny

It's another Visible Monday and today I'm wearing a shiny tunic that I actually made.


Tunic-(Self made)
Jeans-(thrifted)
Neclace-(gift from BFF)
Horsehoe pins-(vintage)
Bracelets-(yard sales, FIDM Scholarship Store, daughter's stash)
Sandals-(Marshall's)

I will probably add some kind of closure at the top to keep it from flopping open but today, I just pinned it shut with a couple of matching rhinestone brooches.



Arm Partay!!!!


Sometimes people ask if I do anything special to my hair. No. Usually just wash and condition and blow dry with a round brush. Except today I flat ironed it and put some hairspray in it. That way you can scrunch it up like this...


And look like this...



Sexxeh!!!!!!

6 comments:

  1. Hi Joanie, you look fab!

    -Patti @ NotDeadYet Style

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You are really, really making me wish I could sew. (It will never happen. I was forced to take "home economics" in junior high, and I nearly killed myself in a tragic sewing machine accident). You look terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hhm, I may have to try this flat-ironing business! And an arm-party! I am always a fan of big bold prints in black--I like the closure idea you came up with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday month! I love to sew and love it even more when other people do it too. I think the pins as a closure are great. I usually use safety pins when I want to wear something before I've finished it. I have worn out skirts before getting around to putting on the buttons. The top looks great. Did you use a pattern? Love the sandals and bracelets, too. (Can't relate to the straight hair, though.) (But it looks wonderful.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two snaps up for you,............sewing that great top and a bangle queen!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe you made that! It looks great!
    -Meagan
    http://spunkychateau.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, friend.