Monday, August 15, 2011

Red White and Busy

These colors don't run but unfortunately I have to. Have a great Visible Monday.

Anne Klein shirt-(thrifted)
Striped top-(Macy's)
Jeans-(Macy's)
Bracelets--(FIDM, vintage, daughter's stash)
Necklace-(handmade by Grandma in the1970's)

P.S. Thanks to the suggestions in the comments, I cropped a picture to show you my Grandmother's handiwork. I remember her sitting for hours crocheting these beads with a little tiny hook. She sold these necklaces for a while. I got my knack for crafting and sewing from her. The one I'm wearing was probably made around the Bicentennial in 1976. Everything was red white and blue back then.


4 comments:

  1. I would love to see a closeup of the necklace your grandma made. My grandma was a great make of afghans and I have several of them. Things one's grandma made are special treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to see a close up too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the interest in my Grandma's necklace. I posted another picture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joanie, that is a very pretty necklace. I love beaded items. I had a beaded doily my Grandma made that I gave to my daughter. I was very pretty and I know that it took many hours to make. Knowing that her hands made it makes it much more special. You can buy a piece of similar jewelry, but knowing your Grandma made it makes the one you have priceless to you. Thank you for taking the time to post the other picture.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, friend.