Saturday, August 27, 2011

Going Gaga

My daughter is going through the delightful time of life when all her friends are turning 16 which means they are all having Sweet Sixteen parties. Tonight one of her friends is having a Lady Gaga themed party.

You can probably guess, if you've been reading this blog for a while, that I have a little bit of a reputation to uphold when it comes to costumes for my daughter. Believe it or not, this one was pretty simple. We only bought a little bit of make-up. Everything else we had and I just had to do a little refashioning.


Dress-(thrifted and refashioned)
Headress-(refashioned headband and fabric)
Stockings-(gift)
Shoes-(last year's showchoir shoes)
Wig-(mine I've had for 15 years)


The black shoulder thing that looks like it's attached to her arm is actually fabric I gathered up and sewed onto a clear bra strap which I sewed to the dress. The gold dress I bought when she was really little as part of her dress up collection. I always used thrifted party dresses instead of store bought Princess costumes. I highly recommend that for the little ones.


The girl on the far right is dressed as Madonna. It's ironic. Very hipster.



Good night little Monsters.

4 comments:

  1. Oh yeah - your daughter captures the Lady's look so well! Great job on costuming and makeup. She'll have Little Monsters asking for her autograph, for real. : >

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so fun! I bet it is fun for you to create for your daughter. She is really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As the youngsters say OMG. I knew there was a reason God gave me 3 boys!
    She is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have certainly made 16 wonderful!I can't wait for ny kids to reach 16 to see their ventures in style!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, friend.