Monday, August 29, 2011

Visible Monday-Bea Young


Today was so hot and I couldn't find anything to wear that would be comfortable enough. I thought "Man, if I just had a cotton shirtwaist dress, then...you know...that would be great." Alls of a sudden I remembered I already had one!



I got this vintage dress from the thrift store for a few dollars a couple of years ago or so. I was going to sell it because I thought it looked frumpy on my. But that was before this look had come back in style and I also lost a few pounds and now I like it!

So then I came home for a few minutes between my two jobs, bent over to feed the cats and rrrip. The dress ripped at the back of the armseye. Not on the seam, in the fabric. Waaah. Well, I guess it'll make a good skirt.

I threw on some arm business, too. Here's that.


Dress-(vintage thrifted)
Belt-(oldie but a goodie)
Slip-(thrifted)
Bracelets-(vintage thrifted)
Shoes-(thrifted)

While you're looking at things, please go on over and visit the lovely ladies of Visible Monday.

4 comments:

  1. So NOT frumpy, but now hole-y, huh? Still, so cute. Thanks for participating in Visible Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When life gives you lemons! I'm sorry about the dress. It totally sounds like something that would happen to me, only it would be at a wedding!
    Lot's of us older chicks out there now. Make me feel warm and fuzzy and not as afraid to post pics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute dress! What a shame about the rip, but it will be a cute skirt too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vintage fabrics can be delicate. It is good you can make a skirt out of it. I would not have a clue how to do it. Do you think you might post a tutorial about how to do it? I think it would be valuable to those of us challenged on restyling?
    The dress is very pretty on you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, friend.