Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Inspiration-The Future Is Now

Some people think that anything new in fashion has already been done and that we are doomed to forever reconceive the sartorial past. Well, thanks to technology and digital advancements, the future of fashion is not that simple.
Although high heels may seem to have gone as far as they can go:

Caroline Sciancalepore

Nike has gone the opposite way with footwear. They've developed Footstickers so you can go out without shoes and not get your feet (quite as) dirty. I will still probably freak out if I see you in the grocery store like this. (bare feet in public=pet peeve)

Source

Okay, I know that's not digital and futuristic. I'm starting off slowly. Here are some items that are already being produced. (click on captions for more information)

Gloves that capture your secrets











That's all pretty tame compared to what some trend and digital experts are predicting for the future.
It's not all matching shiny outfits


 or cool mod miniskirts.



Fashion designer Nancy Tilbury along with digital artists 125 Creative imagine the fashion world in the year 2050 in this video. Warning:  there is some nudity.

Digital Skins Body Atmospheres from Nancy Tilbury on Vimeo.

Enjoy the simple life while you can.


All information sourced from Stylesight

4 comments:

  1. Wow. I would not want to be fat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am still waiting for the flying cars! (Jetsons). Love this post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an interesting post! I read somewhere recently (or did I hear it on NPR) that a form of camouflage had been developed that changed color according to the terrain a soldier or hunter found themselves in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. After watching the video, I want lace webbing between my fingers. It's a provocative film--and proves we have not exhausted the possibilities of fashion.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, friend.